Wasn’t it so nice to sew on a Sunday afternoon all day? Thanks to all who participated in our quilt retreat at Gambill Farm! Food and sewing — you can never go wrong 🙂
As for the meeting, a few items of business:
– Rosie presented the finance report
– Reminder that the “Warm Color Rip/Pass Challenge” is due in July
– Broken Dishes was the May Modern Block of the Month
– Gloria Sews is participating in the Mid-Carolina Shop Hop
In addition to open sew time, we had several great demos at the retreat:
– Sabina Miller presented the project bag and a handout on the pineapple block
– Rosie organized the charity dog/cat bed project. Reminder to bring your completed beds to the June meeting
– With the help of Mary Ann Caplinger we had a screen printing tutorial that ended with everyone taking home their own “Blue Ridge Modern Quilt Guild” tote. We have additional totes that will be available for purchase at the next meeting.
We look forward to seeing you at our June meeting! It will be on June 13th @ 6:30pm. Nancy Canter and Mary Anne Caplinger will be presenting a color program.