It was great to finally be back in action! We missed our January meeting due to bad weather so it was nice to see everyone. We started with a finance report by Carolyn Broyhill and by the end of the meeting gained a new member, Brenda Friberg.
A couple of housekeeping items:
– Name tag interfacing is available if you’d like to make or update your nametag
– All members are receiving an official Blue Ridge MQG notebook, be sure to pick yours up at the next meeting
– We are double-checking everyone’s MQG website access so more to come on that
Show & Tell:
We kicked off our 2017 Block of Month with two blocks since we missed January. Directions are available in your notebook and will also be emailed out.
Six members just returned back from Quiltcon East in Savannah, Ga and will give a full report at the March meeting — it was a blast!
Thank you for another great year! Looking forward to sewing with you next year!
All of the blocks from our 2016 Block of the Month series:
Show & Tell:
Rosie demonstrating the November BOM: Courthouse Steps
Color Program 2.0 with Nancy & Mary Anne:
Great to see everyone for the October meeting! We had a fall themed show and tell:
– We have started collecting dues for 2017 so be sure to get those in. They are $20. Add $12 if you’d like to pay for the space fee all at one time.
– Saturday, November 5th is the “Modern Block of the Month” sew day! Starting at 9am we will have a sit-and-sew to work on our blocks. If you are looking to get caught up or working to put your entire together, whatever it may be!
– Be sure to bring your color wheel, glue stick, and 1″ fabric squares (5 of those) for the November color program.
Our September block of the month was Drunkard’s Path and October was the Nine Patch.
And for those interested in getting caught up, here are all of the blocks we have created so far..
This month we welcomed Lee Monroe of May Chappell to our guild. She brought us a wonderful trunk show and was a delight to listen to! Take a peek below to see all the amazing quilted goods she shared. Also, head on over to her website to see more of what she has to offer: http://www.maychappell.com
- We are starting to collect dues for next year. Those will still be $20.
- Be thinking about elections for 2017, we plan to vote next meeting
- Saturday, November 5th @ 9am – Modern Block of Month”Catch-Up Day”
- We will be sharing two block of the months in October since we skipped it this month
- Be sure to keep your color wheels handy. We will be having a second color theory program in November.
Thank you for another great guild meeting!
A few photos from show & tell…
We had two programs: paper piecing by Sabina Miller and long-arm quilting by Allie Johnson
The “Modern Block of the Month” for August was a large-scale pinwheel.
We look forward to seeing you in September! We are hosting Lee Monroe of May Chappell and can’t wait to see her trunk show!
Photos from Show & Tell: (there are a few warm color challenges in there!)
Candy Minton presented this months “Modern Block of the Month”: Ohio Star
Whitney Deal presented a program on “entering a quilt into a show” and how to effectively photograph a quilt.